15 Jun 2020
09:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
08:30 a.m. | Registration Opens
A Rewind Back In Time: An Evaluation of Current In-Building Technologies From the Year 2030: Discussing Strategic Plans, Facilitation, Capabilities and Assessing Their Impact
Part 1: “5G in 2030”
- Review the rise of the internet and how our lives changed – not technical capabilities, but real world functionality and application
- Review the rise of the data cellular network (3G and 4G) and Wi-FI, and how our lives changed
- Examples of living in a 5G world in 2030 and how our lives WILL change
- Higher Ed
- Airports and transportation
- Commercial businesses
- Law enforcement and government
- Then take each of those scenarios and “peel back the cover” to show the 5G technology needed to make it happen and what had to change from the 4G world to enable these amazing abilities. Include 5G New Radio, Wi-Fi 6 and CBRS
- The reality of life from 2020 to 2030 – How decision makers will need to act to make this happen in their respective verticals and how does one balance the spend vs the payoff?
Part 2: Understanding the Technical Challenges
- Review the changes in premise based cellular from 3G and 4G – What changed and why
- A look at the design goals of 3G, 4G and 5G networks – What are the technical attributes of these networks and why are they needed?
- Consider the wireless universe – Wi-Fi, Cellular 5G, Public Safety and CBRS – What are the options for deploying these complimentary technologies
- Start from the ground up – What is the fiber plant, the IDF closet, the horizontal cabling, etc that will be required to bring this vision to fruition